Wednesday 27 August 2014

DIY paper plant pot



Here's a little 10 minute DIY for you.

I have developed a new-found love of green plants recently, and plan to keep some in our new work space in our loft (God bless them, they know not what fate awaits...LOL)
As this is a rather new development, I am not really kitted out with stacks of beautiful plant pots...and in an attempt to save some money (I cant believe how expensive a nice plant pot can be....or maybe I have very expensive taste???) I decided to just make some out of paper to cover those ugly plastic ones that come with potted plants!


All you need is paper (I used wallpaper lining, which you can pick up cheap in any DIY shop....but any thick paper will do) scissors and tape! And something cylindrical to use as a template: I used an old gift box for wine...perfect size!!


meassure roughly how tall you'll need your pot-cover to be,add enough to cover the bottom and then cut the paper to size . Make a small fold at the top then "Pretend" to wrap up the wine box, taping it in place around as you go!


Then I pulled the paper "pot" off the wine box....


....and crumpled it up before placing my plants inside.


If you are thinking: What's going to happen when you water the plants?...I would suggest that you take the plants out before watering, and place a yogurt lid in the bottom of the paper pots to catch any drips after!

I think they look rather nice, don't you??
...and cheap as chips to make!!

xxx
June

11 comments:

Unknown said...

these are adorable! I do find that the cost of things that are purely for 'decor' is really, really high. Cushions?!? Rugs?!? Who do they think we are?

I may have to try this, I bought some lovely greenery from Lidl not long ago....

SJ - theyupblog.blogspot.co.uk

june olsen said...

Too right Sarah Jess!! I keep finding things I love, then thinking: How much??? (Or sometimes: I can make that for less...LOL!!))

Unknown said...

I think these look so cool! I wonder if you could make some out of concrete that have the same look?

june olsen said...

hmmmm....there's an idea Alexis!!Maybe if you waxed the paper first?? Thanks for popping by lovely!!

Plant pot said...

I may have to try this.

Unknown said...

Excellent information provided by you through this blog. I Follow all the mentioned information. Home is a place where you can feel comfortable, calm, and cozy. Everyone likes a beautiful and well organized home. There are so many resources for design your home, but choosing the right decor items for home is very important which suits your home. If you are facing any kind of issue to find best decoration home items like decorative potted plants, stylish wall clock, carpet and rugs etc then you can visit us at: majestydecor.store

Mukul Singh said...

Very nicely done. To Know more about the indoor bonsai Plants indoor bonsai plants .

Rohit said...

Valentine Chocolate Day Gift
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Gifts
Best valentine's day gifts for girlfriend
Valentine’s day gifting ideas
Valentine's Day gift box ideas

Joe said...

Thank you for this helpful blog , i found this very helpful.
Learn Web desidning and digital marketing for free from the professionals by just visiting the links. This offer is valid for a limited period so hurry up now visit the link to know more about the digital marketing, SEO , Web designing etc
Top SEO Company in India
Best SEO Company in India
Top SEO Company in Delhi
Best SEO Company in India
Affordable SEO Company in India
undefined

Mrjack said...

This is a great inspiring article. I'm pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking forward to reading your next post and visit us if you want to know about online shop for flowers.

jamesrobert said...

This is a fantastic article that will inspire you. I'm quite delighted with your excellent work. You've included a lot of useful information. Keep up the good work. Continue to blog. I'm looking forward to reading your future post, and if you want to learn more about, you can also buy plant pots online

"