Thursday 28 November 2013

Scrap wrapping Advent calendar....

Today I wanted to share with you how I made this simple, yet beautiful advent calendar for little Miss Moo...
Looking around the shops for advent calendars, it struck me how they are all commercially branded, ie. Barbie or Gruffalo etc. I really wanted LMM to have something different, and more exciting....something more than a chocolaty treat for each day, but rather a little toy, or a book or some crayons....a little surprise that she could actually DO something with...
Looking online there are lots of fabulous DIY advent calendar ideas, but I didn't want to be constricted with the size of the daily surprises...So in the end I opted to create this scrap-wrapping present-a-day Advent calendar....


Scrap-wrapping is one of my favourite ways to wrap presents, as you simply use what you have!
I decided to keep it simple(ish) with brown parcel paper and some vintage music sheets...

 

Having wrapped up all of Little Miss Moo's advent treats, I was ready to decorate...


Being a crafty person, I have a rather large supply of crafty and beautiful papers and glossy decoupage images....but you can just use what you have...(You can find similar decoupage images in TIGER)
 


 I think brown parcel paper can look very chic, when jazzed up a bit...
I used scraps of lace, bakers twine and ribbons...

 

 ...as well as paper doilies and glossy vintage decoupage images to decorate with...
 
 

 Then I simply stamped the numbers from 1 to 25 on plain white tags, with a little lacy hart for décor...

 

With the 25 advent surprises all wrapped up and decorated, I attached the number tags...

 

...then used some brown paper twine to string them all up on a tree-branch that I'd dusted with white spray paint...


And voila!
Little Miss Moo's unique advent calendar was done...

 




 



 

I can't wait to see Little Miss Moo's face when she comes home from school and sees her Advent calendar... 
 
 

...I just hope there will be no cheating in the form of pinching and sneaking a little look.

I am starting to get really excited about Christmas, and cant wait to show you more of my little DIY's and projects over the next month or so...

xxx

June


"