Saturday 3 May 2014

Been thinking about...ART (for the bedroom)

...Art (for the bedroom)


So, with the bedroom all finished decorated, we are now playing the waiting game (Yes...still!!Aaaargh!) for our fitted wardrobes...I have ordered my new ceiling light (Yay!!)...although I'm not quite ready to share this with you all....yet!!And I have almost finished another DIY - a new Architectural feature for this room, that I am aching to show you...probably at the end of next week!!

In the mean time I have been "windows-shopping" for artwork for our new bedroom...
And today I want to share some of my favourite contenders.
I am hoping to show you all with this post how art doesn't need to be overtly expensive, and how the internet has made fresh art more accessible for everyone!!

 I love the simplicity of this "White triangle print" by Melinda Wood....instantly downloadable from her Etsy shop for just £3.04, it is both affordable and accessible + the graduations of  grey would sit perfectly with our new wall colour.

I've fallen in love with this monochrome "bat cat" print by the talented Norwegian graphic designer Hanne Lovdal of Lovedales studios...at approximately £25, it is a little more expensive, but still doable...
(We love both batman and cats...surely that is reason enough!!)


We honeymooned in Paris, and I have always wanted one of these vintage Paris maps on my walls. This one is from the Swedish shop arttlleriet, but at approximately £70, I think this one will have to wait for now! (sigh!)


Through her instagram account, I have fallen for the ultramodern and often surreal work of graphic designer Nynne Rosenvinge of the etsy shop spenderbuks.... I have a hard job choosing between her work, but I like the simplicity of this "Diamonds" print, and at just £14.40, it is quite reasonable!


Here's a bit of art I have found via the instagram account of the Danish interior shop Sirlig...I love the soft colours and the graphic composition...and at just £15 for this limited edition A3 print, it's a definite contender!


This simple and monochrome watercolour feather print from hong kong based artist, Tinarosa of Color zen, is so beautiful, don't you think?? For £7.30 from her Etsy shop....it will add a more organic feel to the room!


I could go on and on...I have found so many lovely and affordable art prints and posters that I would love for our newly decorated bedroom, but the last one I want to share with you today, is this striking abstract wall art in mint and teal from The midnight shop. I love the colours in this!!
I love how art has become so accessible ....and Affordable through digital printing: This one costs only £3 for an instant download!

These are obviously all to MY taste, but these is something to suit everyone out there....

Although these are all very affordable, I will of course make some DIY art that I will share with you all (next week) in true nostalgiecat style...
....and I was hoping to commission my 4year old daughter (I pay her in chocolate!!) to do a piece for our bedroom wall!! 

Have a arty and chilled bank holiday weekend folks...I know I am!!
(Now off to the www in search of nice frames....)

xxx
June






2 comments:

Ashley @ The Honest Room said...

The watercolor feather print is beautiful. I can't quit looking at it. Thanks for the roundup!

june olsen said...

Ashley! Yes its gorgeous! She has such a nice brush-stroke! Glad you enjoyed the round up!!

"