Monday 1 July 2013

Happy monday....

.....Getting ready for summer....

 
My lazy gardening motto: weeds are beautiful!!
 
Last week was a busy week for our little family....
.... There was sportsday at Little Miss Moo's school on tuesday....this was MY first experience of the Brittish school sportsday, and it was fantastic.....We had lovely weather, and hats off to the school for a wonderfull arrangement....of course I found myself in the thick of it ( I am starting to realise that I am the sort of person that has to get involved....it's like a compulsion) ...and after running around with the kids for 2 hours, (I made lots of new little friends)..... I was exsausted....
And on Wednesday Little Miss Moo went on her first excursion to "butterfly world"- the first trip away without mummy and daddy....Off she went on a coach with her whole class....I think I was more nervous than her....But I needn't have worried: she had a great time
On the Thursday it was "no uniform day".....and I had to make a cake(!!!!) to bring in on friday for the schools cake stall on their Saturday Fun Day.....(I am not usually a cakey bakey kind of girl, but my mum gave me an easy receipe on "Cinnamon cake".....very yummy!! Might have to post the recipe for this at some point...)
 
 
The Fun Day at the school was fantastic...again we had good weather, and there was a really good turn out...there was cake stalls, hot food stalls, stalls selling things the children had made, tombola and other games....The best thing of all was a huge inflatable bouncy castle/slide, and we had a few tantrums trying to prise Little Miss Moo away from it..... there was performances from a local majorette group and a get-up-and-join-in aerobic exercise group..... I was knackered just watching them, so we took a stroll around the school grounds to get away from the mayhem....
we ended up having a chill out in the outdoor classroom (how great is that!!) playing on the xylophones there....
After a good few hours having fun in the sun, I had a lovely head massage at my friend Claire's therapy stall....Bliss!!
Claire has also given me my first commission....painting a lovely little bookshelf she had!!
So, I made Mr. put up our garden gazebo, so I can get on with all those big paint-jobs/ projects I have been aching to do.....My distrust in the British summer has so far been proven wrong, as since the gazebo went up, we've had glorious sunshine....typical....but hey...I'm not complaining....
 
 
 
....So now that I am all set for painting outdoors....I will be cracking on with it!!
Apart from Claire's bookshelf, I have also got (quite) a few unfinished projects laying about....
...A big IKEA mirror that I started painting last year, some picture frames, a coat rack , two chairs, a cabinet, our garden furniture and a dining table....
So this week I will be posting about painting, techniques and finishing of furniture!!
I am by no means an expert...in fact in the past I have had a bit of a gung-ho approach to furniture painting, but doing this blog has made me focus, and I have been doing a lot of research on the subject that I would like to share with you all...
Please visit my pinterest  board painting and finishing for some useful tips and ideas....
 
 
Also, I would like to remind you to visit my pinterest board kids crafts and fun, to find some great activities to do with your kids over the summer holidays...as well as some great links on parenting....
My new Wednesday "Summer Kids Club" post will be running from Wednesday 24th July .....
I will be posting tutorials on crafty and fun things to make and do with your kids over the summer holidays...some for rainy days, as well as for the garden...
I have already got a few ideas planned, but I still need your help....
Is there any projects or activities you would like me to post about (see my pinterest board for ideas), let me know by leaving a comment below...
Me and Little miss Moo have been having fun trying out some of the activities already, as you can see in the picture above...
 
xxx
June
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

"