Thursday 8 August 2013

DIY marbled art tiles

Today I want to show you some marbled art tiles me and Little Miss Moo made this week:
inspired by the marbled plant pots we made at the summer kids club earlier in the week, It is so easy...  

 


All you need is some old nail varnishes, a bucket half filled with water and some tiles...
You can revive your old half empty nail varnishes by adding a little acetone/ nail varnish remover to the bottles and give them a good shake...

Poor a liberal amount of nail varnish into the bucket of water....2-3 bottles in matching or contrasting colours work best... (best to do this outside, as it can get a bit fumy when using this amount of nail varnish)

Let the nail varnish spread to cover the surface of the water...use a stick (or similar) to make swirly patterns in the colours, or be creative when you poor the different colours into the water, making patterns that way...

Then simply dip your tiles into the water, to capture the marbled nail varnish on the surface...

Leave to dry in a well ventilated area.

Makes a great effect, or what?
Looks great when grouped together...I am planning on framing ours!


I wanted to take this opportunity to tell you all about a future series of posts I am planning on running from September....a monthly meet the artist post!
I am fortunate to have a lot of creative friends, and they are all an amazing inspiration to me: doing everything from music to fine art, furniture redo's and making to design, photography to printmaking, crafts to jewellery ...the list goes on..... and I would love to help tell the world about their talents..

The reason I am telling you all about this now, is that there will be a bit of a jump start to these posts:
Tonight me and Mr are going to an exhibition at the IVY in London by our old colleague and family friend ,Schoony.

 

He is amazingly talented and is sure to be the next big thing coming out of the art scene here in the UK, with his work featured in the new Kickass movie...

So, he's agreed to answer a few questions for me tonight, and I'll be posting a feature about Schoony and his work, with photos from the preview show at the Ivy  here on Monday...

So if modern art is your thing...be sure to pop back on Monday!!

xxx
June

No comments:

"