Sunday 4 August 2013

Happy monday...

...Sunday morning walk along the Thames, London...

 
Welcome to a shiny new week everyone!!
I hope you have all had a great weekend...I know I did!!
I got the train down to London on Saturday, met up with a great bunch of girls for my friend Nadia's birthday and had a girlie pub crawl...getting a bit tipsy in the process (to be fair: it doesn't take a lot these days, as I hardly ever touch alcohol anymore..) We had such a giggle!!
I stayed over at my friends house in West London, woke up early on Sunday morning and went for a peaceful walk along the Thames river...
 
This is one of my favourite places in London...its a piece of the old world, with beautiful buildings and historic places, quirky old fashioned pubs and gorgeous river front gardens...
But most of all I love being near the water and hearing the seagulls....instantly takes me back to the little coastal village where I grew up in Norway....
 
So today I want to share with you some instagram pics I snapped on my riverside stroll:
 
Hammersmith Bridge
I started off by the beautiful Hammersmith Bridge....
All along this part of the river there are picturesque old buildings steeped in history...
 
 
The tide was out and gave a feeling of abandonment  to the "beached" boats and barges...
It was so quiet and peaceful even the pigeons was relaxing in the early morning sun... 
 
 
...and the sky was full of promise of a lovely day ahead... 
 
and the song of the seagulls filled the air over the watchtower...
 
 
This lone wall has always fascinated me...one day I will find out why... 
Maybe there was a party here the night before...?
 
I wonder who lives here...? (lucky so and so)
 
And then I came across this wonderful hidden riverfront garden....how magical!!
 
 
...and the scent of lavender was carried on the breeze...
 
A gnarly old and twisted tree...
 
...and someone's favourite spot...
 
The things that are washed ashore...what stories do they tell??
 
 
 
In spite of my hangover and lack of sleep, this early morning stroll has filled my heart with peace and joy...and I somehow now feel fresh and ready for a new week....
It is amazing how a little "me-time" can charge your batteries....
...and it is a good thing I feel this way, as later today we have another 3 of Little Miss Moo's friend turning up for the third session of the Nostalgiecat Summer Kids Club...
Today's session is inspired by nature, and we have some fun crafts planned....
Pop back on Wednesday to see what we do and how we get on...
 
Have a great week!
xxx
June
 

No comments:

"