Friday 28 June 2013

Easy peasy rug floor cushion....

DIY

 

Little Miss Moo spends a lot of the time on the floor, doing puzzles and playing in general....so I thought I'd make her a nice floor cushion to sit on....
Keeping it really simple, I decided to just sew 2 floor rugs together, and stuff it with an old and ragged duvet that was heading for the bin....repurpose and reuse where you can...right?


....In keeping with my new addiction to colour,  I chose these two rag rugs I found in "Tiger" for £4 each...

 

This is such an easy DIY....
...all you'll need is two floor rugs, something to stuff into it and some 1 ml string (it is best to use something strong when sewing together....I used curtain string) and a needle....


To make the sewing together easier , I used one of those needles with a bent tip (sorry about the lack of correct terminology, but I am not really a haberdashery kind of girl....) 
...and rather than trying to go through the fabrics, I threaded the needle through the hoops at the sides of the weave in the rugs..... 


 When I had sewed three of the sides together, I put my stuffing (read: my old duvet) in, before sewing it all up....

 

 I did want  to add some pom poms to the sides, but Little Miss Moo didn't like them, so....

 

Easy, colourful and practical ......Perfect for Little Miss Moo's chill-out time....


...and it adds another pop of colours to our front room....

...why don't you have a go at making one of these....It only took me 1 hour to sew together...(with constant interruption from an impatient Miss Moo), cost me less than £10 and is sooo useful:
Think not just a floor cushion...how about a doggy bed....or to slump on in the garden on a summers day!!

Thanks for looking...
...and have a great weekend!


xxx
June 

No comments:

"