Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Centimental decorating



THINGS TO DO WITH LACE.......

sentimental decorating.....

.....the small touches


decorating with lace.....from nostalgiecat.blogspot.co.uk

Since when I last week made the lace printed jewelry dishes (See previous post), I've developed a crush on all things lace....



So, whilst I've been waiting for delivery of my glace, to finish them off, I've busied myself making some more easy and beautiful lace-inspired additions to our home....



....as well as box framing some of my family silver...
...you know the kind: beautiful heirlooms passed down through the generations, but regretfully quite useless in modern life...


This is the wedding picture of my great grandparents Bertha and Ingebrigt Bakke, from my family on my mothers side in Norway.



....so I've been trying to think of someway to show off the beautiful silver,given to my great grandparents on their wedding day, for a while now....seems such a shame to hide it all away in a drawer, as it holds such a sentimental value to me.


I think the framed silver looks great in the painted shadow box.





The candles I got from the bargain bin at Dunhelm Mills for 17 pence each...and simply decorated them with lace washi tape.




This cookie jar was another bargain find at Dunhelm Mills at £4.99....I've laced it up with lace trim, stuck on using double sided craft tape.
Simple,yet effective!





I think decorating with lace, has a sentimental and nostalgic feel...... and that's what nostalgiecat is all about!


Thanks for looking! I'd love to hear what you think of this post, so feel free to leave a comment below!
And please pop by at the weekend for another DIY tutorial on glazing my lace print plates (pray the gaze arrives in time) and some "behind the scenes" pictures.....

June





No comments:

"