Monday 22 July 2013

Happy monday......



 

 Hosting the first KIDS SUMMER CLUB...

 
Today is the day when me and Little miss Moo will be hosting the first of this summers
NOSTALGIECAT KIDS SUMMER CLUB
 
 
 
 
Schools out, garden is sorted and I think I am as ready and prepared as I can be...
So at 2 o'clock today 3 of Little Miss Moo's friends are coming around for some crafty fun in the garden....I just hope the weather holds out, as my phone app tells me its going to be very hot, but with thunder and lightning....hmmm....fingers crossed!!
 
I wanted to do this kids club for several reasons:
I was worried about keeping Little Miss Moo entertained over the holidays, and was looking around on pinterest for some fun things to do....then I thought: why not invite some of her little friends around to join in as well: It'll be twice the fun for the kids, as well as help tightening the bonds they've made....and maybe make "starting big school" in September a little less daunting...
I am also a firm believer that creativity is one of the best ways to engage children and a fun way to teach them that they can make things happen themselves...
I know Little Miss Moo is utterly fascinated by my crafty projects, and every day when I've picked her up from school, one of the first thing she has asked me was:
 WHAT HAVE YOU MADE TODAY??
....And of course she loves to help me...(sometimes more successfully than others...)
So I would like the children that will be taking part in the Summer Kids club over the holidays to come away with a sense of achievement, and a little something they can proudly show their mum and dad...
From a more selfish perspective, I thought this would be a great way for me to connect with the local community: Having spent the last 5 months in my little blogging bubble...crafting away here at home whilst Little Miss Moo was at nursery...
And of course I want to blog about our crafty sessions...
I will be posting about our sessions every Wednesday, so that maybe I can reach out to other parents out there and share the activities we will be doing....
Hopefully We can inspire some of you to try out some of these boredom busters with your own kids this summer!!
 
 
 
Little Miss Moo is very excited to have her friends around today, and to be honest I am looking forward to seeing her interact with her friends, as this is something I think I miss out on in the every day life...
So fingers crossed todays session will go off without a hitch...
(and pretty please: let the weather behave!!)
Please pop back on Wednesday to see how the first session went...what we did and how we did it!!
 
If you in the meantime get stuck for something to do with the kids, have a look at my pinterest board
 
for some boredom busting activities and ideas for the holidays....
 
 
xxx
June
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

"